During a tiger workshop at Stichting Leeuw, visitors learn a great deal about tigers and other big cats. Participants receive a lot of interesting information and have the opportunity to get real close to the tigers.
At Stichting Leeuw feline predators in need are sheltered and if possible prepared for reintroduction to the wild. The foundation offers the tiger workshops to make people aware of the precarious situation of these animals in the wild and in captivity. The proceeds of the workshop all go towards the realisation of the foundation’s objectives.
Would you like to know the stories behind the animals sheltered at Stichting Leeuw? Read them here.
Content of the tiger workshop:
- Follow the keeper’s path to see eye to eye with the big cats.
- See the inside enclosures, the operating room and the training hall.
- Watch how the animals enter the big hunting hall.
- Watch a big cat hunt meat on the hunting simulator.
- Receive more information about the objectives of Stichting Leeuw.
- Enjoy the animal park and the rest of Landgoed Hoenderdaell, as entry is included in the workshop price.
Price: € 150 per person. The workshop is held six times a week and is led by experienced volunteers. All proceeds go towards the foundation and are spent on the care for the animals. Participants have to be 16 years or older. The workshop takes about two and a half hours. For safety reasons we regret that we cannot allow physically or mentally less-abled persons to participate; this includes people in wheelchairs or with crutches.
Discount vouchers are regularly available on groupon.nl, socialdeal.nl or actievandedag.nl. Also keep an eye out for discounts on our Facebook page.
A workshop can be booked through the website of Stichting Leeuw. Reservation is mandatory. The tiger workshop can be attended on:
- Wednesday, from 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm
- Friday, from 10 am to 12.30 am or from 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm.
- Saturday, from 10 am to 12.30 am or from 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm
- Sunday, from 10 am to 12.30 am